Content syndication is not new. Enterprises large and small have been leveraging this useful digital marketing tactic to expand the reach of their critical resource-intensive content within the channel for years. Its increased popularity is not surprising given the many reasons it’s so highly effective:
- Content syndication puts a vendors’ brand, product, and solution messaging in front of more prospects than if this same content was only hosted on a single website.
- Amplifying content through syndication improves search engine optimization (SEO) by generating high quality links back to the vendor’s home site.
- Content syndication increases overall exposure, resulting in increased lead generation and elevated thought leadership.
- Content syndication allows for greater personalization and co-branding opportunities for deeper customer engagement.
There is no dispute that content syndication is good for a vendor’s (and partner’s) brand. According to a recent survey from SalesBox, 65% of B2B marketers are using it as their core lead generation tactic, with 46% of B2B marketers focusing on improving their content distribution channels (including content syndication) this year.
However, vendors that are only pushing one type of content (i.e., white papers) and focusing only on one distribution channel (i.e., website), are definitely losing out on the tremendous growth opportunities today’s multi-channel, multi-model content syndication approaches offer.
While web syndication is still a foundational element of any solid partner marketing strategy, vendors need to take their strategy to the next level. The facts are clear – a majority of B2B buyers (62%) say they engage with 3-7 different pieces of content before connecting with a salesperson, and 11% said they typically consume more than seven pieces of content. When asked how they’d most like to learn about a product or service, 73% of respondents said they’d prefer to watch a short video than read a blog post or view an infographic, among other things. And let’s not forget about the power of webinars. About 91% of marketers say their webinars have been a success, making it the most effective video marketing channel.
In today’s increasingly competitive and complex channel environment, vendors that are able to remove barriers by allowing partners to co-brand, personalize and then syndicate their content – leveraging social, video and now webinar syndication – are building a tremendous competitive advantage. The following multi-format types of content syndication are key to driving more awareness, growing target audiences, and boosting trust and credibility among partners:
SOCIAL MEDIA SYNDICATION:
- Ready-made, editable social posts, with integration with LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
- Vendors are able to create evergreen or time-based campaigns with social media posts, while partners can amplify their social presence by activating social media
DESTINATION PAGE SYNDICATION:
- Vendors can host a custom site domain/URL or embed digital content that is co-brandable and mobile-responsive onto a partner’s website – all with real-time, automated content updates.
- Vendors can create, publish, and manage digital content for republishing by partners, while partners can launch landing pages with forms to capture and nurture leads.
PRODUCT CATALOG SYNDICATION:
- Vendors can create, publish, and manage product catalogs for syndication – creating new product pages and establishing their own page structure for custom campaigns.
- Partners can launch or embed catalogs with forms to capture and nurture leads, activate product pages, structure co-branding opportunities, and customize each catalog based on product promotion.
- Vendors can host live webinars, while allowing partners to drive registrations.
- Offers co-brandable vendor-led content with registration page management, customizable invitations and post-event templates, automated email reminders and follow-ups, and offers robust reports on registration, attendance, engagement and more.
- Vendors can upload, publish, and manage video catalogs for partners to customize, co-brand and republish to drive strong engagement.
- Partners can launch a video catalog with forms to capture and nurture leads, publish live, and capture more attention from their target audiences.
If executed and managed all on one automated channel marketing platform, partners save valuable time, resources, and budget. That is where StructuredWeb can help. StructuredWeb provides prominent technology brands — including AWS, IBM, ServiceNow, Google Cloud Platform and Veeam — with a powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use channel marketing automation platform that employs the most comprehensive and advanced content syndication functionality available today. StructuredWeb’s innovative platform combines proven go-to-market strategies and world-class services that accelerate channel-driven demand generation, strengthen partner engagement, and grow channel revenue.
To learn more about how StructuredWeb can take your content syndication campaigns to the next level, visit www.structuredweb.com.